The ultimate guide to Ole Miss spring parties

Posted on Apr 18 2017 - 8:17pm by Anna Kathryn Hodges

With spring party season already upon us, it can be a bit chaotic for first timers trying to understand what exactly goes at them, or if Sigma Apple Pie is having its event this weekend or if it already happened. It’s perfectly normal to be overwhelmed with the crazy weekends ahead, but to make it a little easier, here is a little survival guide on how to make it through your first Ole Miss spring party.

1. Get ahold of a schedule. I promise, an in-depth, detailed list of every party each weekend and which parties are happening where is swimming around somewhere in one of your group chats or a friend’s GroupMe. Know what parties you’re interested in going to, and make plans with friends from there. This will make it easier to plan and coordinate.
  2. Know what you want to do, and make preparations in advance. Once you have figured out what party you want to go to, it is super important that you have a game plan for the day. Find a ride to pick you up from the event before your phone is all but dead. So have a backup plan. Even if you end up not needing a ride, still have one lined up in case things don’t going according to plan.
  3. ariel

Illustration by: Jake Thrasher

4. Try to bring as little as possible. You don’t want to be carrying around any valuables and personal belongings that will be most likely lost or stolen. So strap on a fanny pack to store your must-have necessities and leave the rest at home. I suggest a pair of sunshades, gum and an extra charged battery for your phone in case it dies while you’re draining it trying to show everyone on Snapchat how much of a good time you are having.