- Texas A&M – The Aggies took two of three from a good Alabama team this weekend. Texas A&M absolutely crushes the baseball, and they have two good arms. The Aggies look like the elite class of the SEC right now. The Florida series is concerning, but they’ve really turned it on since then.
- Florida – Again, Florida is the most talented team in the SEC. With Peter Alonso, Logan Shore and A.J. Puk, the Gators have all the pieces to contend for a national championship. Florida took the final two games against Georgia after losing the Thursday night game in extras.
- South Carolina – South Carolina bounced back after a tough series loss to Georgia. The Gamecocks, while probably not as talented as the Gators, are the SEC leaders right now, and have a great opportunity to be the league champions.
- Mississippi State – After a bad weekend against the Aggies, Mississippi State bounced back like good teams do in taking two of three from LSU in Baton Rouge. Dakota Hudson didn’t have a great night on Friday, but Mississippi State found a way to put double-digit runs on the board. Austin Sexton dominated the Tigers on Saturday in route to a 2-1 victory to clinch the series.
- Ole Miss – It gets kind of weird after those four, but right now it appears Ole Miss may be getting hot. The Rebels had a walk-off win on Sunday vs. Auburn and are currently on a five-game winning streak. Ole Miss has struggled some away from Oxford in SEC play, but the Rebels have LSU and Kentucky in there.
- Alabama – Alabama lost two of three against the Aggies this weekend, but man they competed. The Crimson Tide dominated on Saturday, and lost two one-run games on Friday and Sunday. The Tide pitch like mad, and have a dominating closer in Thomas Burrows. Alabama could be a club to keep an eye on come post season time.
- LSU – The Tigers are confusing. For two weeks they looked like one of the better teams in the country, and then they don’t even show up against Mississippi State until Sunday. Alex Lange pitches one of his better performances of the year in a subpar season for him, and you score one run? This weekend is big for the Tigers. If they lose this series to Ole Miss and are sitting at 11-10 in the SEC with Florida looming, it’ll be hard to see the Tigers hosting a regional
- Vanderbilt – You lost a series to Tennessee. What are you doing?
- Kentucky – The Bat Cats somehow lost a series to Arkansas, who were 1-8 in their last nine SEC games. Kentucky was on the verge of getting swept before some late-inning heroics on Saturday. Same old Kentucky. Start out hot, finish off average. Go 1-2 in a regional. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
- Georgia – Georgia has really impressed me the past two weeks. The Bulldogs took a series from the Gamecocks two weekends ago, and were extremely competitive with Florida last weekend. If Georgia can figure out a way to get their record over .500 they could very well be a postseason team. They kind of remind of me Ole Miss’ 2015 team.
- Tennessee – They won a series against Vanderbilt, so congratulations.
- Arkansas – You win a series too, hooray.
- Auburn – Auburn possesses the worst infield defense I have ever seen. Anfernee Grier is a stud though, so good for him.
- Missouri – Still no.