DON’T GO BREAKING MY HEART (SHAPED GLASSES)
You know what I read in a magazine? A jail in Hernando, Mississippi now houses the man who stole Elton John’s famous heart-shaped glasses April 21. According to the Clarion Ledger, the glasses were housed in the Rock ‘n’ Soul Museum in Memphis when 26-year-old Matthew Colvin of Southaven swiped the glasses. According to Colvin’s mother, her son wasn’t originally planning on even visiting the museum that day, but went with his girlfriend because it was raining. The heart-shaped glasses are valued at over $2,000 and were put back on display Wednesday. It’s all a little shade-y, if I say do so myself.
WHEN YOU HAVE THAT DREAM THAT YOU ARE NAKED AT SCHOOL
And it becomes reality. This Tuesday at Madison Central High School, a student got up during class and began to undress completely before he ran out of the classroom and the school. WLOX News reported that the Madison police were called and secured the student. In fact, the student ended up running to Broadmoor Baptist Church, where a pastor called the police and reported the student. The policemen then transported the student to a hospital, where he still remains in ICU. Police say that nothing has been confirmed yet, but there is suspicion that the strange actions were a result of spice ingestion. Blood work has been performed, but the results have not been released yet.
HARRY TRUMAN, DORIS DAY, RED CHINA, JOHNNIE RAY
We didn’t start the fire, but two men certainly stepped up to the plate to stop it. The Sun Herald reported this week that two men in Moss Point rescued their neighbors from a house fire. Among the victims was a 102-year-old grandmother and her 44-year-old grandson. One of the rescuers, Octavius Kirkland, recalled that the smoke was so thick they could hardly see enough to rescue their neighbors. After the men rescued the victims, the grandmother, Gracie Free, was clearly concerned about her two dogs inside. The men then returned to the enflamed house and rescued the dogs in order to ease Free’s concerns. According to the fire department, the fire likely started in the bedroom, and the house was almost completely totaled as a result. It took firefighters from four different counties 45 minutes to control the fire.