Every new year brings along new music, but before we move forward, let’s take a look back at 15 of the best songs from 2018. You might have missed some of these songs, and they aren’t all going to be everyone’s taste, but there is no doubt that at least one of these songs will make you think of the last 12 months.
- “I Like It” – Cardi B
- “Girls Like You” – Maroon 5
- “Shallow” – Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper
“A Star is Born,” the movie that produced this lead single, was one of the most universally loved films of 2018, with its soundtrack receiving praise from critics and fans alike. Even if you haven’t seen the film, the soundtrack is worth checking out. Start with this song.
- “Thank U, Next” – Ariana Grande
- “In My Feelings” – Drake
- “Youngblood” – 5 Seconds of Summer
- “Rockstar” – Post Malone
- “This is America” – Childish Gambino
It’s crazy to think that this song came out in 2018 because it feels like it was even earlier than that. From the moment Donald Glover performed this song live on SNL, everyone fell in love with it. While Glover has been rapping for years as Childish Gambino, this song and its viral music video seemed to make a lot more people think of Glover as one of this country’s best rappers.
- “Fake Love” – BTS
- “Ghost Town” – Kanye West
- “Head Above Water” – Avril Lavigne
- “One Kiss” – Calvin Harris and Dua Lipa
- “High Hopes” – Panic! at the Disco
This song debuted in the summer of 2018, but it is still being played everywhere you go. While “I Write Sins Not Tragedies” is the song that most people know by Panic! at the Disco, this song will likely be the one everyone associates with the band once radio play is over. Their newest album, “Pray For the Wicked,” made several end-of-year lists, and this song is easily the catchiest of the lot.
- “Mariners Apartment Complex” – Lana Del Rey
- “My, My, My!” – Troye Sivan