With football season in full swing, it only feels appropriate to make a football-themed playlist. Whether you’re a fan of NCAA or NFL games, any football fan is sure to find some enjoyment in these classic songs. All of these songs are either about the game or associated with football in some way.
- “Monday Night Football Theme” — The Football Champs
- “Green & Yellow” — Lil Wayne
A play on the famous Wiz Khalifa song “Black and Yellow,” “Green & Yellow” was a song written for the Green Bay Packers. Interestingly enough, when the Packers and the Steelers played each other after this song was written, the Steelers used “Black and Yellow” as their song, and the Packers used this song.
- “The Ball” — James Otto
- “Waiting All Day for Sunday Night” — Faith Hill
- “Fall of the Star High School Running Back” — The Mountain Goats
- “The Boys of Fall” — Kenny Chesney
Perhaps the most famous football song of the modern day, Kenny Chesney’s classic football ode finds a way to perfectly capture the romantic ideals of football that are felt during every game.
- “All My Rowdy Friends Are Coming Over Tonight” — Hank Williams Jr.
- “Mr. Touchdown, USA” — Percy Faith
- “All Kinds of Time” — Fountains of Wayne
- “Not as Much as Football” — Mojo Nixon
- “21 to 17” — Neal McCoy
- “The Way We Live” — Baby Boy da Prince feat. Lil Boosie
It’s a bit of an older song, but it celebrates the 2009-10 New Orleans Saints team and its journey to, and subsequent win at, the 2010 Super Bowl. This Saints remix is a smooth hip-hop song that pays a nice tribute to some of the best Saints players of the time.
- “Drinkin’ Town with a Football Problem” — Billy Currington
- “We Played Football” — Buddy Brown
- “Heart of a Champion” — Nelly and Lincoln University Vocal Ensemble
- “Friday Night” — Brantley Gilbert