Since this week is the final push before Thanksgiving break, a playlist devoted to the holiday seemed appropriate. For Thanksgiving, most of us make it a point to reconnect with family in some way, whether it be our biological family or our family of friends. This week’s playlist contains songs about Thanksgiving and that thing that we’re all thankful for — family.
- “The Best Day” — Taylor Swift
- “Cooking for 93” — Tom Smith
- “Don’t Blink” — Kenny Chesney
- “Black Friday” — Iron Chic
While I’ve never personally participated in Black Friday, it has become a staple for many families around Thanksgiving. As Black Friday sales have started earlier and earlier every year, most stores begin their Black Friday sales on Thanksgiving night, and while this song sort of mocks the idea of Black Friday, it still is able to capture the spirit of the shopping spree.
- “7 Years” — Lukas Graham
- “To Sir With Love” — Lulu
- “Home” — Michael Buble
This is probably Michael Bublé’s most famous song, and this song is one for those of us who won’t be able to make it home for Thanksgiving this year. Sometimes, due to obligations in town or being unable to travel for one reason or another, we can’t always make it to see our families every year. That’s all part of growing up. However, we can still wish that we were home, and this song perfectly captures that longing.
- “I’m Already There” — Lonestar
- “Thanksgiving” — Kendrick Lamar
- “Butterfly Kisses” — Bob Carlisle
- “You’re Gonna Miss This” — Trace Adkins
- “The Perfect Fan” — Backstreet Boys
- “The Day Before Thanksgiving” — Darrell Scott
- “With a Little Help From My Friends” – Joe Anderson, Jim Sturgess
This song is for those people who choose to spend Thanksgiving with their friends or “adopted” family. I chose the “Across the Universe” version for this playlist because the film provides a sense of camaraderie that the song doesn’t quite capture on its own.
- “The Thanksgiving Song” — Adam Sandler